There is a time and place for everything. Mostly, I will talk about fitness and health on my blog, but today it is a time for me to be sad. Although fitness and coaching is my passion, my bread and butter comes from me and my wife’s hospitality business (www.capecuisine.com) we have now for more than 20 years. With the Covid-19 situation and the South African government rescue fund rule of “only helping black owned businesses”, this is a devastating time for us and many white owned business.
As a white South African, born, raised and living my whole life in Cape Town, this is my “poem” I wrote to put my sadness onto paper.
“Today, I am sad.
- Sad, that the hospitality business me and wife has been building up for longer than 20 years had to lay-off so many people who will now be without any income and no hope to find a new job.
- Sad that we now have to fear for our business survival.
- Sad that our government is only willing to help business who is owned by black people.
- Sad that racism and apartheid is used for every possible excuse of failure by our government.
- Sad that our government is destroying the hospitality trade with it’s ridiculous lock-down rules (strictest and longest in the whole world).
- Sad that people are dying of this virus.
- Sad that we elevate the virus to more than it really is.
- Sad that the virus is abused by our government for its own political agenda.
- Sad that so many farmers are getting slaughtered and gruesomely attacked.
- Sad that so many people hate each other.
- Sad that key black political parties spread hate against white people unashamedly.
- Sad that corruption is at the order of the day with little to no action.
- Sad that the vision of Nelson Mandela is nearly dead.
- Sad that police worldwide are made the enemy.
- Sad that satanistic churches are now legal (first one opened at Century City)
- Sad that good is becoming bad and that bad is becoming good.
- Sad that our political leaders are lying bluntly.
- Sad that the government gives no hope for the future to any white person in South Africa.
- Sad because apartheid is worse than ever but this time only for people with a white skin.
- Sad that so many innocent people are going hungry because of our government Covid rules.
- Sad that so many black people have to suffer because the politicians in control live in ignorance like Kings.
- Sad that the government don’t want to allow white people to help feed other hungry white people (permit is required).
- Sad that the world has no idea what is really going on in South Africa.
- Sad that the love of Christ is not shining through many Christians actions.
- Sad that we do not spend more time on our knees in prayer.
Today I am sad…”
Me and wife has created a business rescue fund for our business. It is very difficult times for everyone. But if you have the financial ability and you feel for our cause, then you can help save many families income and jobs and even help save our business.
Help save our business
A plea for help to save our family business of 20 years (www.capecuisine.com). With the Covid-19 destruction and the South Africa government refusing to help any white owned business we are facing huge lay-offs and possible closure affecting many peoples lives and families. Please help us prevent this. Any support will be most welcome and appreciated.
But you know what is the best remedy for my sadness, even if it is just temporary? It is when I hit the weights and train like crazy. That is when I forget and recharge. And when I go on my knees at night, that is when I get new hope.
May you all be safe in these scary times