Although even some young bodybuilders struggle with weak wrists it is most frequently the domain of the over 40 lifter.
The wrist simply do not have the power and ability to support the weight being lifted anymore. This could become a huge problem for a person in quest for size, because the key ingredient for growth is through intense, heavy weight lifting regularly to the point of failure.
I am one such person that struggles with weak wrists. I simply cannot hold the size weight required to stimulate enough growth. But I am definitely not going to call it game over…I made plans. And it is MUCH easier than most people think.
The following video is rather crucial to watch to fully understand exactly what and how I am doing it.
Click here to view video “Training for size with weak wrists”
Let me try to explain:
- You must get a wrist supporting rubber grabbing “glove”, like the one showed in the video.
- To make sure that the part that folds over the wrist is secure and do not come loose while engaged in heavy lifting, duck tape must be used as per instruction in the video. (Tape it on both wrists securing the part that folds over.)
- With every (!) weight you lift (dumbbells & barbels, pullups, seated rows for back and especially shrugs) the rubber part of the glove must be wrapped around the weight where your hand would go and then your hand must go over the rubber part in the reverse position (see video for exact method).
- This would alleviate the pressure on the wrist easily by up to 80%.
- When performing bench presses use the overhand position with the thumb in the same direction as all the other fingers. Let the weight of the bar rests on the lower part of just the palm of your hand so that no pressure is applied on the wrist. Do not clasp the thumb the other way around the bar. This put undue pressure on the wrist.
The above sounds simple, but I guarantee you that it will enhance your ability GREATLY to lift serious weights again without hurting the wrists and put you straight back into growth territory.
This is the way I’ve been lifting for the last 5 years and now at close to 52 I am in the best shape of my life.
Hope this help guys…be wise and GROW!
Request for a small contribution to the site.
Please help me keeping the site on air and free. Through many of the life uplifting posts I have helped many people facing and overcoming dark moments in their life. By sponsoring this site you help them too!
Those interested in the online transformation coaching I provide – check here: https://gertlouw.com/contact-me/