Yes, it is possible to have amazingly shaped muscular legs without resorting to weightlifting.
This article is for the person who wants aesthetic shaped legs without excessive muscle size.
The program being suggested here, is also great for cardio fitness and might initially be difficult for the novice due to the rather high fitness level required.
If so, start of with less reps per set and shorter distances for lunges, etc.
Here is a quick overview of the program:
Frequency: 3 times per week.
- Walking forward lunges (with weight on shoulders) – 4 sets of +- 30m
- Sideways lunges (with weight on shoulders) – 4 sets of +- 30m
- Medicine ball throwing squat – 3 sets of 30
- Standing Knee-ups (elbow height) – 3 sets of 30
- Knee-ups and squats combined – 3 sets of 15
- Standing squat – 3 sets of 20
Points of note
- This program will suite both guys and girls.
- Lunges are an amazing aesthetic leg shaper – do not substitute it with something else.
- All squats must be performed going not lower than 90 degrees with lower/upper leg angle. This puts strain on the lower back and also more pressure on knees.
- The knee-up and squat combined is rather intense and you might initially struggle with it. But it is a GREAT exercise for balanced growth. Even if you just do 2 reps per set the first 2 weeks, then up the amount of reps by small steps every 2nd week until you reached your desired goal.
- Hydrate well during this training – you are going to sweat.
- Start of with no weight on shoulders and lightest medicine ball possible and work it up very slowly by increasing in smallest portions every two weeks.
- The knee-ups is also a great abdominal shaper.
- Eat correct for growth (every 3-4 hours), rest enough for growth (do NOT overtrain) and train HARD for results.
Wish you success! Cheers…
1 thought on “AESTHETIC leg training (without weight lifting)”